Creative Thinking in Everyday Life
Most people correlate creativity with artistic assignments such as drawing a picture, writing a novel, or forming music. While these are all creative attempts, not all creative thinkers are artists. Numerous jobs need creative thinking, including areas in the careers of business and science.
What is Creativity?
Creativity solely implies being able to come up with something distinct. Hence, creative thinking is the sense to examine something like a dispute between employees, a team assignment or project, a data set in a modern way. Employers in all industries require employees who can bring in creativity at work and bring new viewpoints to the workplace.
It’s necessary to bestow your creative thinking skills with considered employers. Ensure to highlight in your job applications your sense to think creatively. To do this, you first need to recognize your creativity.
Creative thinking involves looking at something in a new way. It is the very definition of “thinking outside the box.” Oftentimes, creativity in this sense consists of what is called lateral thinking, or the ability to perceive designs that are not clear. Creative people have the strength to devise original ways to carry out tasks, and meet provocations. They bring a new, and sometimes unconventional, perspective to their work. This method of thinking can help businesses and companies move in more prolific directions. For such reasons, they are extremely valuable to a company. Some people are instinctively more creative than others, but a creative thinking technique can be strengthened with practice. You can cultivate creative thinking skills by solving puzzles, being informed of and signing off your assumptions, and through physical activities. The play suggests anything unregulated and relaxing, such as walking or daydreaming. If you know anyone in your company who is creative, you should try to unite with that person and ask them to guide you for an upgrade related to your profile. Watching one work in productive ways can encourage you to learn to be further creative yourself.
Creative Thinking and the Job Search:
Some job specifications state that creative thinking is needed for the position. Nevertheless, many employers require creative thinkers even though they don’t articulate it. In both cases, consider how your creative nature has helped you in the past and how it might be an asset in the job you’re seeking.
One way to highlight your creative thought is in your application materials. You can include keywords that confirm your creativity, such as “fresh” and “innovative” in your resume and cover letter, stating one or two specific examples of events your creative thinking appended value to your employer. For example, perhaps you came up with a creative solution to generate revenue for your company without increasing the manpower leading to an increase in the cost to the company that will showcase enhanced efficiency.
Also, you should plan the interview with specific examples of how you can demonstrate your creativity, just as you would with any other skill. This is especially necessary if the job description lists creativity or creative thinking as a core requirement.
If you’re seeking creative possibilities as a means of personal accomplishment, you can find comfort in surprising places. Any job that permits you to put your spin on your work will end up being and feeling creative.
What includes in Creative Thinking Skills?
One will only recognize your creative approach or solution if you can deliver it efficiently to the people you work with or to your consumers or merchants. Hence, it is imperative to hone strong written and oral communication skills. You also should be able to understand a condition thoroughly before thinking creatively about it. Accordingly, you also need to possess good listening skills. By inquiring about the right issues, paraphrasing it and understanding the problem, you can arrive with a different solution.
Creativity entails innovatively thinking of things within the context of the subject. You have to set aside any opinions or biases you may have and see at things in a completely new way. By coming to a problem with an open mind, you provide yourself the opportunity to think creatively.
Employers don’t just hire creative people because they are effective. They require creative employees who will assist them to solve work-related concerns. Consequently, when applying for jobs, highlight your strength not only to think creatively but to use your creativity to solve major problems.
Before thinking creatively about something, you should first be able to know it. This requires the understanding to examine things particularly to learn what they mean. Whether you are seeing a text, a stat report, an equation or a lesson plan you should first be able to analyze it first.
This might appear as stereotyping but aren’t creative people are known for being a sort of disorganized. The organization is an essential part of creativity. While you might get a bit messy when trying out a new idea, you then need to organize your ideas so that other people will be able to recognize and follow through with your vision. Being able to articulate a plan of action with clear goals and deadlines is important.
Patterns of Creative Thinking
Events for creative thought in the workplace differ from the simple artistic position to the profoundly technical one. Generally, anything that involves a winning moment is rated creative.
Some examples of how one can illustrate creative thinking in several jobs:
One doesn’t have to be an artist for your job to have an artistic component. Perhaps you can arrange retail displays for most impact or shape the path of an enticing trail. Other artistically creative tasks may entail inventing logos, drafting advertising copy, designing the packaging for merchandise, or inducting a phone script for a fundraising drive.
- Creating a new fundraising script for volunteers
- Writing dialogue for a television or radio commercial
- Building an exam to test student knowledge
- Designing packaging for a product
- Inventing a logo
- Suggesting a new look for a brand
- Drafting compelling copy for a print or online advertisement
Effective problem-solving reaches out as an innovation. A creative problem solver will discover new answers rather than simply recognizing and fulfilling the norm. You might brainstorm distinct measures to cut energy use, find unique methods to cut costs while a budget crisis or acquire a unique litigation approach to secure a client. These all require creative thinking on your part.
- Mind mapping at a staff meeting to establish a policy for the next target
- Brainstorming techniques to lessen energy use
- Generating new procedures to enhance quality
- Devising a more economical way to process travel compensations
- Recognizing means to cut costs while a budget crisis
- Boosting staff productivity by inculcating performance incentives
- Restructuring a filing system to expedite easier retrieval of information
- Recommending new ways of communication to lighten marital conflict
- Recommending a plan to improve customer service
Need for Creativity in STEM:
Some people think of science and engineering as the definite opposite of art and creativity. But, the opposite is true. The area of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) is extremely creative. For example, inventing a better efficient equipped line robot, formulating an innovative new computer program, or developing a testable explanation, are all profoundly creative acts.
The archives of science and technology are filled with plans that did not work, not because of flaws in technique or methodology, but because people settled in their theories and old ways.
The STEM field necessitates radical creativity to thrive and evolve.
- Assembling a research model to test a hypothesis
- Formulating a computer program to automate a billing process
- Creating a social media platform for their services
- Redesigning machinery on an arrangement line to magnify productivity
Making Your Thought Process More Creative:
Ahead ‘formal’ creative thinking possibilities, there are also things that you can do to improve yourself think additional creatively on a conventional basis. These include:
- Developing your social circle to grasp a wider and more assorted group of people.
- We all manage to get on sufficient with people who are like us, and especially people with identical backgrounds and overall outlooks on life. Nevertheless, correlating with people who are like us manages to suggest that our thinking gets a bit lifeless. Our theories go unchallenged, and our views tend to get reinforced.
- Taking time to actively go out and meet new people and particularly more diverse people, who are not so like you will help you to examine your opinions. Without even realizing that you are performing so, you will initiate to think more widely and see things otherwise.
- That, of course, is the primary step in commencing to think further creatively.
- Embrace new events and attempting new things
- It is worth stimulating yourself to learn a new skill or do something you find challenging, only for the effect, it will have on your thinking.
- Defying stereotypes and driving yourself to think beyond the obvious
- This is a very minute thing, but it confers the effect of traditional thinking on our capacity to think more creatively.
- Being mindful of stereotypes, and asking yourself as to what makes you think that way? Will help to surface your assumptions, and help you to think more creatively.
- Engaging with art, theatre, and music.
- It appears that people who visit the theatre, go to concerts, or engage with other traditional activities are also more prepared to think creatively. The thought is that these activities help us to comprehend things from a new perspective, and therefore to think more creatively. They also, allegedly, can help you to respond more logically, and usually more generously.
- Conveying time to enjoy the arts or design something in your leisure time will encourage you to expand your limits more frequently.
There are enormous advantages to procuring to imagine a little otherwise. It will help to advance your problem-solving experience, and also encourage you to see others’ viewpoints. In a frequently global world, broader horizons and an ability to think more broadly is never going to hurt.
Name: Smurtika Dalvi
Designation: Soft-skills Trainer
Sevenmentor Pvt Ltd
Call the Trainer and Book your free demo Class for now!!!
© Copyright 2020 | Sevenmentor Pvt Ltd.