Position Title: Data Center Engineer
Location: CA, USA & Pune INDIA
Experience: 4 to 10 years
Salary: (60-80)$ / hr
• Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry.
• Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization. Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three Tiered application environments. Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API’s, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred. Networking OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols. Compute technologies x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
• Storage technologies file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
• Cisco’s Data Center Product Line Nexus Products (N9K, N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS. Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix or F5 Loadbalancers), Caching and Content Delivery. Strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design. Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA).
• OSS / BSS, including Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
• CCIE Preferred, VCP Certification a plus
• Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
• Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms. Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
• Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
• Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
• Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication. Cisco best-practice skills to include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training
Thanks & Regards,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org