Designation : System Administrator
Primary Responsibilities:– Operational responsibilities are broadly as below but are not limited to:
– Install and configure various software and hardware devices (switches; routers; firewall).
– Install and test computer-related equipment.
– Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that our employee (internal support and clients (on-site support) encounter.
– Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
– Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
– Create and verify backup of data.
– Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
– Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
– Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
– Manage network servers and technology tools.
– Set up accounts and workstations.
– Troubleshoot system related issues and outages.
– Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
– Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
– Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
– Build an internal database with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
Experience: 3 to 6 years.
– Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or in similar role.
– Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management will be an added advantage.
– Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery is mandatory.
– Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language will be an added advantage.
– Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills is a must.
– Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
Interested candidates kindly forward your resume on : [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org