Purchasing Info Record
As we know that in vendor master data we maintain vendor-specific information and in material master data we maintain material-specific information. Purchasing info record is a type of master data where we can maintain information about the relationship between vendor or supplier and their material. For example, each supplier can have specific terms and conditions of purchase for each material, and this information is saved in purchasing info records.
We can maintain the following data in purchasing info records
- Current and future prices and conditions like gross price, freight, and discounts
- Delivery data like planned delivery time and tolerances
- Vendor data like vendor material number, vendor material group
Purchasing Info Record – Organizational levels
Purchasing info records are maintained at different organizational levels and these are client level, purchasing organization level and plant level.
Client level: The general data of purchasing info records are maintained at this level. Examples are vendor material number, vendor subrange, vendor material group, reminder data, and order unit.
Purchasing organization level: The purchasing data of purchasing info records are maintained at this level. Which consist of delivery time, minimum quantity, gross price, freight, discounts, price history, and texts.
Plant level: plant data of purchasing info records are maintained at this level. Examples are planned delivery time, minimum quantity, gross price, freight, discounts, price history, texts, etc. If you want the best SAP training in Pune then SevenMentor Pvt. Ltd. is a great choice.
Purchasing info records can be created for a type of procurement and also called the info category. You have to create separate info records for each type of info category.
There are four info categories and these are
- Standard: Standard info record is used for the standard procurement process
- Subcontracting: Subcontracting info record is used for subcontracting procurement process
- Pipeline: Pipeline info record is used for the pipeline procurement process
- Consignment: Consignment info record is used for the consignment procurement process
In a special scenario of indirect materials procurement with no material number, purchasing info records are produced based on the material group.
Creating an Info record
Purchasing info records are created manually or they may be created automatically when you create a Purchase order or outline agreements like contract or scheduling agreement
Purchasing info records are created manually for a purchasing organization and plant.
Following are some commonly used Transaction code
ME11: It can be used to create purchasing info record
ME12 : It can be used to change already created purchasing info record
ME13 : It can be used to display already created purchasing info record
Purchasing info records are updated automatically by setting the Info update indicator meantime maintaining a quotation, purchase order, contract or scheduling agreement
Purchasing info record configuration
Condition control at the plant level
For each and every plant, we can define how prices and conditions are stored. The path to do this is to go to SAP IMG – Materials Management – purchasing – conditions – define condition control at the plant level.
For every plant, we may select any of the following options:
- Conditions allowed with and without plant: Here we may create purchasing info records either at the plant level or at the purchasing organization level.
- Only plant-related conditions allowed: Here we should create purchasing info records and quantity or value contract items at the plant level.
- No plant-related conditions allowed: Here we can not create any purchasing info record and quantity or value contract items at the plant level.
Activate regular vendor per plant
For every plant, we can define whether using the regular vendor is allowed or not. If we want to do this then we will go to SAP IMG – materials management – purchasing – source determination – define regular vendor.
Call the Trainer and Book your free demo Class for JAVA now!!!
© Copyright 2021 | Sevenmentor Pvt Ltd.