- What is command to check existing RID pool in Domain controller?
Ans- Monitoring RID master and check available RID pool we can run the following command
Dcdiag.exe /test:ridmanager /v
- Which tool is used for OS customization and deployment?
Ans- Automated Deployment Toolkit by Microsoft is used to perform customised operating system deployment. This tool includes sysprep, USMT(User State Migration Tool ) etc.
- Explain win 10 service plans ?
Ans- Every month second Tuesday Microsoft is releasing updates and patches. For win 10 it will be hard to say never install updates. But we have some provision to pause or postpone the updates by some days. That’s all about servicing.
Feature Upgrade : New build of OS at the time of release which is also called current branch
Upgrade: includes Feature Update Plus Servicing Update or Patches since media first published.
Semi Annual Channel (Targeted) :- Receives updates twice per year. Here updates cannot be deferred (postponed).
Semi Annual Channet: -Receives updates twice per year but updates can be deferred. (postponed) All Semi-Annual Channel releases in the September/October timeframe
Long Term Servicing Channel:- Receives new features every two to three years and this plan can be used by ATM machines.
Updates can be delayed max 365 days.
- Where does the user certificates are stored by default?
Ans- User certificates are stored in the certificate store which can be browsed using certmgr comand.
- What is the purpose of “software Distribution folder?
Ans- This folder is used to store files during windows updates. It is present in c:\windows folder. In case if windows updates are not getting installed you can delete this folder after stopping Windows update service and recreated after starting it again.
- Where do the Domain Group policies defined get stored?
Ans- Domain Group policy get stored in sysvol folder which is present in c:\windows.
- What is BITS?
Ans- BITS stands for Background Intelligent Transfer Service. This service is a part of windows and provides the function of transferring data over the network and used by many applications.
It is able to tackle network interruptions and resuming transfer after system restarts.
- What is WMIC command is about?
Ans- WMIC is Windows Management Interface command. It is used to retrieve the information about your system. WMI query language is used in applications such as SCCM to retrieve exact information about systems for example systems running 8 GB RAM, System running a specific version of software or operating system etc.
- What is the difference between Basic and Dynamic disk?
Ans- Basic disk is default while we can convert Basic to Dynamic. Basic dsk allows us to create fixed size partitions (primary and Extended or logical). While Dynamic disk allows to create resizable volumes which can be extend or shrink easily and furthermore dynamic volumes spans over multiple hard disks. Note that stripped volume can not be extended or shrink but spanned volume can. We can convert basic to dynamic without data loss but reverse is not possible.
- Can we transfer fsmo roles to RODC?
Ans- NO . It can be only transferred to ADC while making ADC to act as PDC.
- Does DNS server for RODC accepts dynamic updates
- What are different partitions of AD database.?
- List 5 FSMO roles and tell which of these roles are present only with root domain?
There are 5 FSMO Roles and these are as follows:
Domain Naming Master
Out of these Schema and Domain Naming master are present with root domain.
- Does Additional Domain Controller cache user credentials ?
Ans- Yes .
- Can you mention some windows 10 operating system repairing options?
Ans- Windows 10 repairing options can be browsed by booting through win 10 bootable CD and selecting Repair option. Following options are available :
Syatem Restore – can be used only if restore point has been created previously
System Image – Recovery- can be used only if system Image is available
Startup repair or auto repair
Command Prompt –
Startup settings : – example safe mode
- Which command will show us the DNS cache?
Ans- Ipconifg /displaydns
- How can I flush the DNS cache of my system?
Ans- Run ipconfig /flushdns command in command prompt.
- Where do the DNS database is stored ?
Ans- DNS database is stored in root drive if the DNS has been deployed as standalone. If there is active Directory Integrated DNS , database will be stored in application partition which is replicated to other server providing redundancy without any manual configuration.
- How can I test if my DNS Service is functioning well?
Ans- We can use nslookup command and will try to resolve some name record if it returns IP address means DNS is functioning well.
- Which command is used to convert FAT partition to NTFS?
Convert <Drive Name> /fs:NTFS
Example: convert F: /fs:NTFS
- How can I check Group policy is applied to user and computer?
Ans- Gpresult/r command is used to check group policy applied.
- How to check if replication status on domain controller?
Ans- We can run command repadmin /showrepl to check replication status.The command will display output as follows.
23. What is difference between gpupdate and gpupdate/force?
Gpupdate command will apply newly created policy or modified existing policy whereas gpupdate /force will allow new and old policy to get applied.
24. What is wuauclt.exe?
It is Windows Update AutoUpdate Client. Through this software component operating system will look for Microsoft Website for updates. This file is present in C:\Windows\System32.
25. How one can trace failed or unauthorized attempts of file access?
We can use and configure audit policy for file and folder to trace/ monitor activities. You can do this by accessing folder properties and visiting security tab.
26. What are the virtual disk formats supported by Hyper-V?
Hyper-V virtual disks are of VHD/VHDX format.
27. What is RAID ?
RAID stands for redundant array of independent disks. It is a mechanism to achieve redundancy and ultimately avoid data loss. We can create RAID levels by combining multiple hard disks in order to achieve fault tolerance. It is called as online backup.
For example RIAD 1 is mirroring where two hard disk can be combined to form a mirrored volume.
28. Difference between vhd and vhdx?
VHD disk support upto only 2 TB HDD size whereas VHDX supports more than 2 TB.
29. What is stored in sysvol?
It is shared folder for active directory where group policy settings , login scripts are stored. This folder is replicated from server to server (DC) . Folder replication uses file replication service.
30.What is safe mode ?
Safe mode is used for diagnostic purpose. If the system is started or boot in this mode , it loads only necessary programs and drivers.
31. What is KCC?
KCC stands for knowledge consistency checker. This component is responsible for replication for replication within site (Intrasire ) or between sites(Inter site) .
32. What is Active Directory Recycle bIn?
This feature of windows active directory allow to restore deleted object quickly without need of using system state restore. When we restore any object through recycle bin, it retain all of its attributes. But of course it should be restored within 180 days which is said to be the tombstone lifetime.
33. What is the purpose of SRV record?
The SRv record in DNS helps to locate host which provides a specific service.
34. What is round robin in DNS?
Round Robin is load balancing technique used to manage DNS requests from clients
35. How do you check the FSMO ownership?
To check FSMO ownership we can run command netdom query fsmo.
36. Which command is used to install active directory?
The command used to install AD is DCPROMO.
37. What is the use of ntdsutil command?
Ntdsutil command used transfer FSMO roles to another DC. Also for authoritative restore of AD deleted object, Active Directory snapshot management
38. What is use of dcdiag command?
Using dcdiag command you can do various health checks for DNS and Active directory Replication
SevenMnetor Pvt Ltd
Call the Trainer and Book your free demo Class for JAVA now!!!
© Copyright 2019 | Sevenmentor Pvt Ltd.